Samba-AD is a GPLv3 licensed opensource software that reproduces the behavior of Microsoft Active Directory (2012R2 schemas and 2008R2 functional level).
Samba-AD allows to provision and manage an Active Directory domain:
DNS name service;
NTP time synchronization service;
Transparent Kerberos based authentication;
KDC token distribution service;
Security policies implemented with GPO;
The purpose of this theoretical presentation is not to provide an exhaustive documentation on LDAP, Kerberos or DNS protocols, but rather to provide the necessary clues for understanding and analyzing the working and the behavior of an Active Directory server that is implemented using Samba.
- Working with Samba-AD and Microsoft AD
- Configuring Samba-AD as a file server
- Joining members to the Active Directory domain
- Migrating from Samba3-NT4 to Samba-AD
- Synchronizing SYSVOLs between multiple domain controllers
- Rebuilding a crashed Domain Controller
- Using Python to administer Samba-AD